When your teenage son asks for “more of that spaghetti please,” you know the recipe card should be treasured like a baby blanket in a cedar trunk.
In my life, that means it goes on my blog for safekeeping, at least until the Internet craze ends.
Baked spaghetti marinara with tiny pepperoni
1 pound ground sirloin or hamburger
1/4 cup finely diced white or yellow onion
1 teaspoon onion salt
2 cloves garlic, pressed OR 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 pound spaghetti noodles
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 (24 ounces each) jars marinara sauce
15-16 ounces tomato sauce
4 ounce package pepperoni minis
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ground sirloin in medium frying pan with diced onion, onion salt, garlic and pepper until no longer pink. Stir in 1 cup mini pepperoni.
- Boil spaghetti noodles until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain.
- In a large bowl stir together eggs, Parmesan cheese and cooked spaghetti noodles.
- Spread thin layer of marinara in bottom of greased 13×9 pan. Top with noodle mixture.
- In a bowl, stir together pasta water, marinara and tomato sauce. Spread over noodles.
- Sprinkle cooked beef and pepperoni mixture onto sauce.
- Layer with mozzarella cheese and top with mini pepperoni.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is golden and pepperoni is crispy around the edges, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Slice. Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Sweet keepsake wishes,